Fort Lauderdale Traffic Tickets Attorney
Put 35+ Years of Experience on Your Team
If you got a traffic ticket, you’re not alone. Speeding tickets are frequently issued in Fort Lauderdale, especially since many municipalities give tickets to help raise revenue and require police officers to write a certain number of tickets each month. However, many people ask whether they should hire a lawyer to fight their traffic tickets, and the answer is “yes.” This is because if you don’t handle your traffic ticket properly, you can get points added to your driver’s license, be required to attend traffic school, and pay fines.
With this in mind, do not pay your traffic ticket outright. Although it may seem convenient to do so, paying your ticket immediately can have long-lasting effects. In fact, hiring a traffic ticket attorney instead of paying your ticket immediately will likely save you money in the long run since attorney’s fees are typically less than the cost of paying the full fine for your traffic citation and increased car insurance premiums resulting from the added points on your license.
Cases We Handle
Our Fort Lauderdale traffic ticket lawyer handles traffic violations such as:
- DUI Manslaughter
- Culpable Negligence
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident with Injury and/or Property Damage
- Reckless Driving
- Careless Driving
- Unlawful Turn
- Disobey Traffic Control Device
- Driving While License Suspended
It is important to emphasize that if you pay your traffic ticket, no matter how minor it is, you are admitting that you are guilty of the violation and will have to pay the full amount of the fine. If the ticket was for a moving violation, points will be added to your driver’s license, which can result in the suspension or revocation of your license, increased monthly insurance premiums and even the cancellation of your insurance policy altogether.
Why Choose Our Fort Lauderdale Traffic Ticket Lawyer?
When you choose Galanter Law, P.A. to fight your traffic ticket, you can rest assured that our team will provide unwavering dedication and attention to your case. For the past 35+ years, our Fort Lauderdale traffic ticket attorney has utilized their experience and knowledge to benefit clients facing traffic citations.
In addition, our team will:
- Use their intimate knowledge of Florida statutes, relevant case law, and local traffic court procedures to provide you with expert analysis of your specific case
- Provide case management services such as scheduling hearings and court dates for your case
- Whenever possible, appear in court on your behalf so that you don’t have to take time off work or school to attend hearings and court appearances
- Utilize their relationships with local traffic court judges, prosecutors, and other traffic court personnel to negotiate a favorable outcome on your behalf
- Fight for the best possible outcome for your ticket by attempting to have your ticket dismissed by the traffic court judge. When dismissal is not possible, they will negotiate a resolution to a reduced charge or a deal for you to pay a fine and get a withhold of adjudication. A withhold of adjudication means no points will be assessed on your license, your insurance rates won’t increase and the charge will not show up on your permanent record.
Remember, if you got a traffic ticket in Fort Lauderdale, do not pay it, as you may jeopardize your license and give your insurance company the impression that you are a “high risk.” You need to avoid these consequences, so don’t pay your traffic ticket outright and hire our Fort Lauderdale traffic ticket lawyer instead!