Manslaughter Defense Attorney in Miami, FL
Have You Been Charged with Manslaughter in Miami?
A person who has been charged with manslaughter still has rights and is presumed innocent until proven guilty. In order to be found guilty on manslaughter charges, the prosecution has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant is guilty. Our Miami manslaughter defense attorney will be able to give an individual with manslaughter charges the best chance at being found innocent or having their charges reduced.
If you are facing manslaughter charges in the Miami area, you could possibly be sentenced to 15 years in prison. In some manslaughter cases, the accused are charged with a first-degree felony, which comes with the potential of a 30-year prison sentence. No matter what the circumstances of the manslaughter charges that you or a loved one are facing, there is always hope through the help of a manslaughter defense attorney.
What Are the Different Types of Manslaughters Charges?
Manslaughter is defined as killing another individual unintentionally and without planning ahead of time. Different manslaughter charges in Florida come with different penalties.
They are as followed:
- Voluntary manslaughter is manslaughter that was intentional but was not planned ahead of time. An example of voluntary manslaughter would be one person killing another during a dispute or in the heat of passion.
- Involuntary manslaughter is the unintentional killing of another person. However, involuntary manslaughter can go hand in hand with some sort of criminal negligence, recklessness, or irresponsible behavior.
- Vehicular manslaughter is considered to be a form of involuntary manslaughter. It is when a person’s reckless driving results in the death of another individual.
An attorney will develop the best manslaughter defense that they can by investigating all the facts, scenarios, and circumstances surrounding the charges. Oftentimes, a manslaughter defense attorney will have a full-time investigator at their disposal to look into the charges that they are defending. Just because an individual has manslaughter charges does not automatically mean that they are guilty. Our Miami manslaughter defense attorney will do everything in his power and everything in the best interest of you in an attempt to keep your freedom.
If you have been accused of manslaughter, remember that you are entitled to the same rights as everyone else. You are entitled to have a fair trial and you are entitled to a manslaughter defense attorney. The quicker that you are able to get yourself legal representation with an attorney who has experience in manslaughter defense, the better shape you put yourself in to form a solid defense.
What Actions Will a Quality Defense Attorney Take When Defending a Client for Manslaughter?
If you are facing manslaughter charges and are in need of a manslaughter defense attorney, you want to find one who will do the following:
- Find weaknesses in the case of the prosecution
- Attempt to find where the client’s constitutional rights may have been violated during any type of investigation by law enforcement
- Build the best possible manslaughter defense based on whatever information that they were able to gather during their investigation and research
- Seek for a dismissal of manslaughter charges, or if their client is found guilty, help them to reach a plea agreement
No matter what physical evidence is stacked up against an individual, manslaughter charges are best fought with a strategy that is put together by a manslaughter defense attorney. The penalties in Florida are very harsh if a person is found guilty for manslaughter. The aggressive representation by a defense attorney is the best course of action an individual with manslaughter charges in Miami can take.