Miami Domestic Violence Lawyer
Have You Been Charged with Domestic Violence in Miami?
Domestic violence is a grave criminal offense that can significantly impact your life. This crime is defined as an assault, aggravated assault, battery, aggravated battery, sexual assault, stalking, kidnapping or any other criminal offense that causes physical injury or death to a family member or household member. As such, it is not surprising that Miami law enforcement agencies take domestic violence charges very seriously.
If you’re found guilty of this offense, you may suffer the following consequences:
- Restraint from your family or children
- Mandatory counseling/therapy
- Jail time
Without a Miami domestic violence attorney on your side, fighting for your freedom can become more difficult, which is why you need an experienced lawyer who can help you avoid a conviction by working to get your charges reduced or dropped altogether. We are compassionate to your sensitive and emotional circumstances, which is why our attorney will help alleviate the burdens of your case by providing one-on-one assistance and guidance every step of the way. The sooner you retain a Miami domestic violence defense lawyer, the sooner we can begin championing your best interests.
How Our Miami Domestic Violence Lawyer Can Help
The first course of action by Miami law enforcement following a domestic violence charge is to place restraining orders against the accused. Once a temporary restraining order is put in place, the suspect will not be allowed to have any contact with or be within a certain distance of the alleged victim. During this time, our domestic violence attorney can act as a mediator between you and the alleged victim.
It is important to take certain actions to help clarify your situation and formulate a high-caliber defense thereafter.
As such, our domestic violence attorney will effectively work with the prosecution and get the following questions answered:
- Were there injuries incurred at the time the charges were pressed?
- Does the defendant have a past criminal record? (this can prove to be monumental evidence that can get charges dropped)
- Has law enforcement been called to the place of residency in the past for similar reasons?
- What were the reasons for law enforcement being called to the scene in the first place?
Every domestic violence suspect is unique and deserves a defense that caters to the facts and evidence of their specific case.
To maximize the chances of getting your domestic violence charges reduced or dismissed, our lawyer will take the following actions to build your case, particularly if it involved simple and aggravated assault or simple and aggravated battery:
- Research all the available evidence as well as look for evidence that was not initially present in the case
- Interview the alleged victim
- Find out whether or not self-defense was involved
- Investigate alternative penalties if you were found guilty
- Build the best possible defense with the amount of evidence they have (every domestic violence case is unique and needs a defense that caters to the facts and evidence of that specific case)
Secure Legal Counsel from Galanter Law P.A.
Hesitating to hire the services of a domestic violence lawyer in Miami is a costly mistake, as domestic violence is a serious crime that requires a serious defense team. Without one, there is a strong possibility that a defendant may suffer jail time and very steep fines.
Thus, with our Miami domestic violence defense lawyer on your team, you will quickly realize that our firm obtains the powerhouse advocacy that your freedom and future depend on. Our mission is to help you move forward and avoid domestic violence penalties such as imprisonment and expensive fines. As a former prosecutor, Yale Galanter has distinct insights into the prosecution’s strategies and “scare tactics,” allowing him to build counteractive defense strategies in your case.